Monday, December 21, 2009

Can I use a natural product to color cream cheese frosting -don't want to use processed/traditional kind?

Anything natural I could use to color? Any color would be fine, but I'd like boy colors since it's his b-day cake. I just heard that food coloring is horrible for children.Can I use a natural product to color cream cheese frosting -don't want to use processed/traditional kind?
beet juice for red


don't know any others


maybe blueberry juice for blueCan I use a natural product to color cream cheese frosting -don't want to use processed/traditional kind?
Don't believe everything you hear. Food colouring is made from sugar mostly and is entirely harmless. Nothing else will colour your icing as well without diluting it and changing the flavour. You only need 1 or 2 drops.
Strawberries or raspberries will help turn it a light shade of pink.
Blueberry juice would probably do it or grape juice
yellow can be made with turmeric


red with ground cranberry


light blue with grape juice

No comments:

Post a Comment