Saturday, December 26, 2009

Best stretchmark cream to use during pregnancy? UK Products only please!?

Hiya all,


I am 20 weeks pregnant and just wondering what you all used for prevention or to minimilise strecthmarks? UK products only please because that is where i am from! Does anyone know any good home remedies too?


Could you tell me the product you used and a rough price for it?


Thank you ladies in advance.


LouiseBest stretchmark cream to use during pregnancy? UK Products only please!?
Hiya Louise,


I used a product called bio oil, it makes the skin supple and helps fade stretch marks, scars, blemishes acne and so on and so on,


it really does work a treat tho. i still use it now and my little one is now 5!. it's great for firming the skin too! it cost's around 拢8 per bottle, you only need a tiny amount, you can even put a few drops in your bath.


it's available from any large pharmacy.


Give it a go, i've recommended it to all my friends and they have also had good results too!.


Good Luck with the birth!


Sarah-JaneBest stretchmark cream to use during pregnancy? UK Products only please!?
Palmer's coco butter from boots/tesco/asda etc... i used it on my First and my current pregnancy, i only applied it to my tummy and arms during my first pregnancy, then i started to get a few little stretchmarks on my legs as i didn't apply the cream to them, but this time round i have used it on every part of my body and haven't have any stretchmarks at all this times round, so i recommend this product 100%. you should start to think about using it now your 20 weeks as you will start growing alot faster now!!!
Any doc will tell you unfortunately none of the creams that advertise prevention of stretchmarks are being truthful (read all the disclaimers -- so true) because it's impossible to prevent or erase them (short of laser surgery, EXPENSIVE). Te reason is because stretchmarks are scar tissue resulting from your skin stretching when there isn't quite enough give-room. The best thing you can do as someone already suggested is increase skin ';elasticity'; by using Vitamin E-containing lotion. Good luck!
i use bio oil and its fantastic no signs of stretchmarks at all it is normally 拢12 but if you go to home bargains its 拢4-拢5. you need to follow the instructions tho or it won't work properly. use it twice a day moring and night and make sure you put it on your belly, lower back, tops of legs and boobs.





but i am sorry to tell you if you are prone to or your mother had bad stretchmarks you will get them but the creams and oils will help to reduce them and help to make them fade quicker.
Bio oil is really good, thats about 拢7 for a small bottle, but a little of it goes a long way. I used it after I got the stretch marks, and their definatly less visable. It get's rid of scars and all kinds.





Or just use baby oil, because it's not so much the product but the way you massage it onto your skin, use upward (till just above your belly button) then outward movements.
they probably sell this in the UK - i used Vichy stretch mark cream. it is quite expensive (around 200 shekels in israel which is about $50 US) but i really only used a little tiny bit at a time and i just had my third baby and not one stretch mark to be seen! (i'm still using the original bottle that i bought)
I used:





Bio Oil


Palmers Cocoa Butter


Davina Mccalls Pregnancy Exercise Video


A pregnancy yoga book i bought.








I did all of this from about 6 months and I also used bio oil, cocoa butter and exercised after the first 6 weeks (but only lightly). This worked wonders, no stretch marks!





Good luck with your pregnancy!
.I am not a Lady,but this might help you. Vitamin ';E'; oil 9000iu. and another natural is Apricot oil,which is great for your skin followed up with Jojoba oil.You can get them at a health food store. Apricot oil has larger molecules than Jojoba oil, that's why you apply the Apricot oil first. 4oz. bottle of Apricot oil cost $4.19 USD, Jojoba oil cost $10.97USD. The oils work great. No side effects.
I used cocoa butter in stick form from the body shop it was about 拢5.00 with my first it did not work as I have tram lines to prove it. 2nd son I tried an essential oil massage for stretch marks, that did not work as I now have crossing and junctions. With my third son I thought stuff it and did not use anything. It was no worse than the results of the first but just a lot cheaper.
I used bio oil which was about 拢12 a time, but I have stretch marks like you wouldn't believe!! I also used baby oil, shae butter, massage oils, none of which worked. So my conclusion is that if you're prone to getting them or if members of your family are prone to getting them then you might get them, Sorry I couldn't really help but thought I'd just let you know what happened to me. Good luck Xx
Hi, I use Palmers Oil. It's not the one specifically for Stretch Marks, its in a spray bottle, abou 拢4, it's lovely, I use it on my legs and everywhere





I'm 33weeks now and not got any stretch marks yet so fingers crossed. Remember to pay attention to your boobs, hips and bum too.
After every shower lather up with baby oil and Vitamin E lotion.





Anytime you are itchy go and lather up again, being itchy is your body telling you it is stretching!
Bio Oil worked best, took away my strech marks (pretty much) and coco butter.. Bio oil, is expensive, but really works!!
bio oil an palmers coco butter,





bio oil is cheapest at your local supermarket i brought mine from morrisons for 拢8

No comments:

Post a Comment